Update 1: View the Specifications of Sony Xperia Z here.
The release of Galaxy S4 or Optimus G2 is very unlikely this month at CES, but we may see Sony Xperia Yuga which has now officially been named as Sony Xperia Z whose specs are in the limelight for 2 weeks now. These specs are as good as confirmed as the official documentation of this phone was leaked in Russia and in a single statement I would describe this device as “A Cracker”. I’ll give you a gist of those rumored specifications.
- The device will sport a 5 inch screen with 1080p (full HD) resolution and a pixel density of 440 ppi.
- This would be the first Sony device to feature a dragontail display panel instead of the Corning gorilla glass. The dragontail is supposed to be sturdier than the Corning and gives the display much more clarity.
- The screen would be an OLED one. I would say the device makes the cut just by its display.
- It will run on an quad core Samsung Exynos 5 series chipset clocking at 1.7 ghz. Sony abandoned its in house chipset and the snapdragon in favour of the Exynos 5 which is a surprising move. It will also feature the adreno 320 GPU
- The device will have 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage expandable upto 128 GB using a microSDX Card.
- It will feature a 16 MP camera with Sony’s image sensing technology whose name is still under the wraps.
- It will also sport a 3000 mah battery , but considering that the display will take up a huge chunk of it , the performance can only be measured after the device has been released.
- It is also being rumored that the phone will be very light for a 5 inch device as the display material though denser is much lighter than the corning gorilla glass.
- A major change in the Timescape UI is also expected.
With the Yuga in the line other phones should feel threatened as Sony has left no stone unturned to make sure that this device has a very high impact in the market. And this device that welcomes the next year would be just the beginning of the Smartphone marathon we are going to witness. The countdown for next year’s greatest phone has already begun.
Specifications of Sony Xperia ZL
- Previously code named as Sony Xperia Odin
- Display properties will be the same as of the Sony Xperia Z but with a higher cou clock cycle, not sure how much as of now
- Rest of the specifications are almost the same , there is a minor change in the design with less bevel edges and change in the position of the Front facing camera
The details of the pricing still remain a mystery, but analysts have pitched the prices as follows in India.
Sony Xperia Z – Rs 36000
Sony Xperia ZL – Rs 40000
Official confirmation regarding the same is yet to come.