The post is divided into three sections: –
- First I will talk about the greatness of Apple that was prevalent at the time Steve was alive (iERA).
- Then I would bring out the worst thing that Steve Jobs missed out upon and justify why he was a good leader but not a strategic leader (iMiss).
- Following which I would highlight upon Tim Cook's existing Dark Heaven (DieERA).
This was the time when Apple was under the great leadership of Sir Steve Jobs. Everything was going smooth and Apple was the market leader in the smart phone industry.
People used to buy Apple products because of only two reasons: –
- The first was the design, which was loved by every single living individual on this earth.
- Second was the sense of pride you used to get of owning an iPhone. The Brand name in itself was a great weapon to posses.
People used to wait like crazy in queues for purchasing iPhone. Indeed it was the golden era for the brand as i said the iERA. The iPhone 3GS, then the iPhone 4, the iPod, the iPad, iMac and what not. Every damn product that apple roled out was a grand success. It seemed how many products other brand may launch they will never be able to touch Apple.
It was more like a cat and mice game with Apple and Samsung (the Royal Tiger of today). Apple used to launch a new product in the beginning of a year and all other brands used to spend the rest of year copying it. By the time the other brands understand the product Apple used to launch the new one. He was always two steps ahead.
Then came the news, Sir Steve Jobs had to leave his beloved dynasty into the hands of a devil because of health problems.
Sir Steve Jobs you did every wonderful thing to make your beloved a princess of the entire world but you missed on one most important aspect ie What's going to happen to your beloved when you are Gone? Who will take care of your Kingdom?
The only reason because of which people say you were not a strategic leader. This is what Bill Gates have done, Steve Ballmer is there to take care of his kingdom.
Sir Steve Jobs that was an iMiss.
Apple recently informed it's financials and if we see it's India figures that they are impressive. Apple has also diversified its distribution network, then why am i saying that it's a DEERA for Apple?
The reasons are pretty much simple –
- Apple changed it's sales model recently and adopted few new rigid policies.
- It introduced two schemes, first one in September 2012 where in you can get an iPhone by paying just 4,500
- Mr. Tim Cook is now concentrating more on numbers and volumes
So these are the basic reasons for Apple's rise in revenues and also it's inevitable fall.
Confused? Scratching your head? How is it a double edged sword?
Indeed 1 million dollar question. The two most important reasons for any person to buy an iPhone according to analytics is Design and Pride as i mentioned earlier. Apple is able to retain the design part but the strategy of going for the number is indeed hurting the brand. If everyone has an iPhone then the pride feeling would take a beating and hence the brand.
Although you will see an increase in the revenue but that is short lived, a short term vision. There are other factors because of which the brand is taking a beating in the market because of Samsung.
- First is Tim Cook – the way he has changed the team is terrible
- I2I – Inability 2 Innovate
- Competition, Competition and Competition. Tim Cook is still not able to figure out how to respond to Samsung Products.
So all these things are hurting the princess not physically but emotionally. Customers are losing the connect and since the heart share is going down. A miracle can only save the brand now.
Hope you liked the post please comment if you disagree or wish to talk further.
Do not forget to share the post with your friends and family.