In the world leading to technologies, there are many mobile users over the desktop and it is important for the organizations to knock the door of mobile platforms. However, the largest concern is to decide whether to make a mobile website or to launch a mobile app. The decision completely depends on upon the nature of business and purpose to choose one of them or either.
To make a rational decision, you are required to understand the meaning of both at first. Mobile websites are similar to any other website which consist browser-based HTML pages linked together and accessed over the internet (for mobile Wi-Fi or 3G or 4G connections).
Mobile websites also display content, information, graphics and data like other standard websites. They have added features like click to call and location-based mapping.
On the other hand, mobile apps are the actual applications which are required to download and install on your mobile to use them. The users have to go through the mobile apps store to download the app where the downloading may fetch data and information from the internet.
The mobile websites are considered better due to some additional benefits. These are the following advantages to opt for websites:
- Availability: The sites are available instantly as you enter the URL in the browser while applications take time and data to download and install first.
- Compatibility: A website is the best way to reach all the users. Whether they are using android or IOS or window, WWW is for the whole world. Apps are limited to the different operating systems.
- Upgradability: When the owner of the site updates any changes, the users can enjoy the updated version with an ease while, updating an app is a task task for users.
- Sharing: The sharing of a URL is convenient while sharing an app requires another specific app. Instead, sharing a link on any social media platform is one click task.
- Time and Money: The mobile website development is significantly better money and time saver than development of an application, particularly if you need to make a presence on various platforms.
- Further steps: Launching an application on the stores is not enough to make a presence on platforms. It requires compatibility issues, ongoing development, upgrades and testing which is more expensive than launching an app.
Applications are only considerable for interactive games, regular usage or personalization and moreover when it does not require internet connection for usage.