Finding good car insurance can be very difficult. Here are a few tips:
- Try a few different insurance companies . Companies are different. So are their prices. You may find that one company wants to charge you $ 1000 / month for insurance and another will only charge you $ 400 / month. You might be one of the lucky ones who only gets charged $ 30 / month. Regardless of who you are, call multiple carriers even if the first quote you get appears to be low. You may find another company with a lower rate for you.
- Talk to friends and family . Other people are just like you, they want cheap insurance too. Chances are, you know someone who has already called all over the place and can give you some good points on which car insurance companies were the cheapest for them. Remember, nobody likes to spend money on auto insurance.
- Use the internet. The internet is a great place to find auto insurance. You can find information about insurance companies, compare rates, get quotes, and shop around without leaving your house. There are also websites out there like 1carinsurance.org who have organized insurance company data and user data and will tell you which companies people are having success with in finding the best car insurance [http://www.1carinsurance.org] for them.
- Get auto insurance quotes . Do not just trust them. Get a quote. They're free (or, if the quote is not free you know you do not want to use that company). If you can get quotes from 6 or 7 different companies, you then have hard data to compare the companies against each other. You're also pretty sure you're going to get the lowest rate.
- Try local companies . Often times people only think about the big auto insurance companies like Geico or Progressive. They do not even look around their local communities for auto insurance companies that might exist. Often local companies can offer cheaper rates because they do not have the large buraracy that larger companies have.
Just remember to shop around as you look for cheaper car insurance. The first company is not always the best.