Today, silver is the most used precious metal for the purpose of making jewelry. The jewelry made from this precious metal is admired by the majority of men and women the world over. And why not it be, after all silver ornaments are quite lustrous, trendy, available in a wide array of designs, and quite affordable too. The intrinsic appeal and elegance of these ornaments speak for themselves.
Silver adornments that are available in the market nowadays are usually made of five popular types of silver. The jewelry crafted from a particular type of silver is referred by the name of that particular type, for instance, jewelry made from pure silver is called pure silver jewelry. So, let’s know about the five popular types of silver jewelry:
(1) Pure Silver Jewelry: Pure silver is one which is 99.9% pure. It possess a very glossy finish, but it is very soft. The softness of this variety of silver lends it malleability, thus makes it ideal for crafting handmade silver jewelry like earrings, necklaces, bangles, and so. This particular type has comparatively more intricate patterns than other types of jewelry that is crafted from this precious metal.
(2) Sterling Silver Jewelry: Sterling silver is 92.5% pure and is relatively hard. This is one of the most popular varieties of silver used for making ornaments, at present. Various types of embellishment techniques like engraving, chasing, filigree, and inlaying can be witnessed on the contemporary sterling silver ornaments like necklaces, chains, rings, earrings, bangles, bracelets, etc. Each of these and many other ornaments made of this particular precious metal possess a ‘925’ mark as a sign of authentication.
(3) German Silver Jewelry: Also called alpaca silver, German silver is an alloy having a combination of copper, nickel and zinc. This jewelry is primarily known for its toughness, durability and corrosion resistance. These ornaments generally comprise the adornments which are not worn against the skin. This is so because these jewelry items contain nickel to which many people are allergic. Necklaces, earrings, and pendants constitute the main varieties of this particular type of jewelry.
(4) Silver Gemstone Jewelry: It could be any type of silver ornament, but owing to the use of gemstones in it, it is named silver gemstone jewelry and it forms a separate class. Gemstones add a unique attractive charm to the silver ornaments and multiply their elegance and value. This type may include almost any kind of ornament. There are a large number of gemstones or gems that are used for making silver gemstone jewelry, out of which the commonly used gems include ruby, topaz, sapphire, amethyst, emerald, turquoise and pearl.
(5) Oxidized Silver Jewelry: This kind of jewelry is deliberately oxidized in order to lend it an antique, dark, and austere look. Though it may sound a little strange, but the appearance created by the oxidization effect renders an attractive quality to the silver ornaments. These ornaments are admired by many, especially those who like to wear new and unconventional designs. The various varieties of this particular class of jewelry include rings, toe-rings, nose-pins, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces.
Now, you must have got some idea about the various types of silver jewelry. You may get much more valuable and interesting information on these elegant ornaments at Silver Jewelry B2B Marketplace.