In my research and interviews with people, one of the most attractive ingredients in written communication which ‘sweeps the recipient off his or her feet”, so to say, is the effort put into developing the love letter. In Rome, during the third century, a priest by the name of Valentine was imprisoned for continuing to perform marriages for young lovers after Emperor Claudius II outlawed marriages. One of the most romantic, creative and inexpensive gifts you can give your partner this Valentine’s Day is a heartfelt love letter, written from the bottom of your heart!
A perfect love letter can be framed and given to the person you adore most. This may allow feelings to be more easily expressed than if the writer were in the beloved’s presence. A heartfelt letter from a man can mean so much more to a woman than just a bunch of roses, box of chocolates or a piece of jewelry.
The pleasure of imagining different ways to write about your love and passion is just part of the joy. A love letter need not be pages and pages of gushing mush, either. There is something humble, direct and romantic about reading words on paper.
Some Tips For Love Letter Writing:
– Drop the love letter in the mail, and look forward to the response.
– Your penmanship should be as perfect as possible.
– Take time to personalize your letter or poem and it will be cherished for years to come.
– Perhaps a more primal experience is what’s called for.
– Don’t make promises you can’t keep and don’t write anything you may regret later.
– Write a love letter anytime.
– Beginning the letter with words that flatter your chosen would let him know of what sort of naughty fun he can expect.
– As you get more comfortable, your letters may get a little longer but don’t write a book.
– You can fold the love letter up and place it in an envelope if you choose.
– You want your lover to know that you love her for the emotional aspects, not just the physical.
Things To Consider In Writing:
– Overcoming Writer’s Block – For most people, the difficulty in letter-writing is the start and the close.
– Collect Your Thoughts- Take some time to think about what you want to say before you start writing.
– Clear your desk and your mind of distractions.
– Surprise Your Partner – Surprise your partner by sharing something very intimate with her, that maybe you didn’t express in the past.