Getting a passport in one day may seem impossible, but it isn’t. However, it definitely takes a lot of time waiting in lines and can be achieved only in big cities that have passport processing facilities. There are other ways to do this, like using a passport expediting company that will get passport approval for you on the same day, if you are ready to pay an additional price.
Step-by-step instructions for getting a passport in one day:
(1) For an initial or expired passport, you must go to a passport agency in person. If you are near the passport agencies in Washington D.C., New York Cit, Dallas, Houston, Miami, San Francisco, or another big city, you will have to make an appointment.
(2) Most of the time you will have to prove why you require the passport immediately. All you need to provide is proof of your expedited trip to get your passport processed. Sometimes this information is not checked, but it is always better to have it on hand.
(3) Fill out the appropriate form and pay the fee. When you need one-day passport approval there is no room for errors, so ensure you have the essential information, fees, and required proof of citizenship, including an original birth certificate with a raised seal.
(4) For those who live far away from any big city or who just don’t have time to apply in person, there is usually the choice of a passport expediter for renewing passports. There are many passport expediting services available to choose from. Such companies will take your application, fees and important information and have your passport for you on the same day. You can search for one online, but they charge a hefty fee. Before choosing a passport expediting service to have your passport on the same day, be sure to contact the Better Business Bureau to find out if the company is legitimate.
(5) Check your passport email ID to get the latest information from the passport processing agency. Generally, they will let you know in advance how long it takes to get your passport. However, if you use an expediting service, most will ask you to overnight the proper paperwork involved and they will complete everything for the passport agency. If the expediting company has an office in the city you are departing from, they can even hand your passport to you at the airport.