Hands are very important parts of our body not only for practical reasons but for fashionable reasons also. Beautiful hands help in making a great statement as they instantly comes into notice. Attractive hands leave an everlasting impression. They make statement in glamorous, formal and informal all occasions. It is because use of hands is done everywhere. In making hands beautiful nails play a very important role. Without beautiful nails beauty of hands is incomplete.
For that taking care if nails is very important. This article is about nail care only. Tips are mentioned below which will help in making your nails healthy and beautiful. These tips are very easy to follow and very effective too. Go through the tips:
1. Healthy diet is the greatest method to make nails polished and healthy. Drinking plenty of water and including lots of fruits, vegetables and salad in the diet make nails healthy.
2. Whenever doing any work like washing utensils, gardening etc. always wear gloves. Gloves protect nails from becoming tenuous.
3. Those bite nails make their nails prone to damage themselves. Biting also damages cuticles. Immediately stop this habit.
4. Dip your nails in a bowl containing warm water and add a few drops of lemon juice to it. Let nails dip in it for 20 minutes. It will make your nails soft, strong and long. Do it twice in a week.
5. Smooth nails are good but with it they should be strong. Then only they will last longer. For hardening your nails soak them in warm oil for about 20 minutes every alternate day.
6. Filing nails in a proper manner plays a great role in taking care of nails. But use right filer for it. Metal nail filers that women generally use should avoid its use. Metal filers tear nails. Instead of it place your hands on wood nail filer or emergency boards that are inexpensive and would need frequent substituting. Crystal glass filers are also good to use. It shapes both natural and artificial nails.
7. Cuticles are very important for nails as they resist infection. Never cut them as many have this habit. If cuticles have come out push them backwards using orangewood stick softly. Do not put pressure on cuticles.
8. Nail polish remover should be used only once in a week. Much use of it makes nails brittle.
9. After washing hands or after taking bath first let nails get dry and then apply body lotion. Do not forget to apply because the soap makes nails dry and fragile.
10. Dark color nail polish often discolors the natural color of nails. For avoiding it always applies the base coat prior to nail polish as it will gear up the nails for colored nail polish.
11. Never let nail polish on nails for longer time. From time to time give break to your nails from nail polish. If it is not done that yellow tone will formulate on nails making them unattractive.
12. Grow your nails to a sizeable length only as too long nails automatically breaks and results in weakening of nails.