With June 15th right around the corner, the time couldn’t be better for some great Father’s Day quotes. Whether you’re a boy or girl, woman or man, there is someone in your life who had a big impact on who you are today. Not just how you act, but what your history is, what you look like and maybe even how your jeans fit. These twelve Father’s Day quotes go out to all of the great dads out there.
1. “My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You’re tearing up the grass.” “We’re not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We’re raising boys.” ~ Harmon Killebrew
2. “A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” ~ Enid Bagnold
3. “It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.” ~ Johann Schiller
4. “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” ~ Mark Twain
5. “If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.” ~ Bill Cosby
6. “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” ~ Sigmond Freud
7. “The thing to remember about fathers is, they’re men. A girl has to keep it in mind: They are dragon-seekers, bent on improbable rescues. Scratch any father, you find someone chock-full of qualms and romantic terrors, believing change is a threat – like your first shoes with heels on, like your first bicycle it took such months to get.” ~ Phyllis McGinley
8. “A new father quickly learns that his child invariably comes to the bathroom at precisely the times when he’s in there, as if he needed company. The only way for this father to be certain of bathroom privacy is to shave at the gas station.” ~ Bill Cosby
9. “A father is a banker provided by nature.” ~ French Proverb
10. “Any man can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a dad.” ~ Anne Geddes
11. “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” ~ Charles Wadsworth
12. “My father didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.” ~ Clarence B. Kelland
Father’s Day is like so many of those other holidays that should really be celebrated every day of the year. Unfortunately, many of us get caught up in the day-to-day hustle and bustle of life. This Father’s Day remind Dad how special he is and take some time with these twelve Father’s Day quotes.