Valentine’s Day greeting cards will once again be popular this Valentine’s Day. At a time when lovers say “I love you” to their special somebody, greeting cards remain the most popular way to express that love.
We currently send out cards to the tune of 7.5 billion annually with Valentine’s day greeting cards being one of the most popular. And rightly so. It’s a time of year when we can express our love for our partner in life, more so than at any other time.
So this expression needs to be special. We need to go beyond the everyday expressions we give throughout the year and make Valentine’s Day memorable.
While some people go to extraordinary lengths to express their love through gifts, flowers, chocolates or even a special night out, it’s the humble greeting card that can truly express your feelings.
A Valentine’s Day greeting card unlike flowers, chocolate or a night out, will often be kept, especially by women, for future reference.
And therefore we need to put an extra effort into the choice of card, it’s appearance and most importantly, the wording. Many people go for the traditional greeting card making their choice from the heart felt message. Others go for the flashy cards, either physical or ecards, to express their love. Whatever you choose should be based on what you like and what your recipient will like also.
In a growing market, some people opt for something a little more risqué by choosing hot romantic cards or sensual greeting cards. Obviously you’d need to know what your lover likes before you embark down this track. While not usually found on the shelf of your local card shop, these cards require a little more imagination in creating the enclosed personal message and are generally personally handmade albeit via a computer.
Personalised cards require your own heartfelt message. At times this is not always easy. So here’s a few suggestions on what to write:
1. For my wife…my one and only valentine. You are very special.
2. For my Valentine… with Lots of Love.
3. Just want to tell you that you are special, And to wish you a very Happy Valentines Day.
4. With Lots of LOVE … from my HEART!
5. I love you more than anything… chocolate, t-bone steak, red wine. I will give these up just to have more of you.
6. Sending you a rose… to say I love you.
7. Sending you a rose… to wish you a very Happy Valentine’s Day.
8. I specially make this card to express my love for you. You are precious and special to me. I love you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
9. You are the reason why I’m smiling everyday. You make the world beautiful for me.
10. I wake up every morning thanking God for the day I met you. Happy Valentine’s Day to my lovely wife/husband.
11. Love speaks not with the mind, but the heart… a feeling that would never keep us apart.
Whatever Valentine’s Day greeting card you choose, make sure you send one. This is the one time of the year where you can express your love with words of passion.
Have a great Valentine’s Day.