We know the drill: You spend all kinds of time running from store to store, asking every sales person you come across, “I need a valentines day gift for my husband.” Inevitably, one of a handful of things are suggested: a tie, a suit, maybe some cuff links. The only trouble is that your husband doesn’t work in an office. He sells tires for a living. Or maybe he’s in the fast food business. No problem. Here are ten ideas your husband will likely love for a Valentines day gift:
6. Ball Game. No, it’s not the most romantic idea around. But you know what, he’ll love it. Plus, you can arrange to have the giant screen display the two of you together and in a heart, where he has to kiss you. Now that’s romantic.
5. A nice dinner at home. From the super public, to the super private. Have you considered simply arranging for the kids to stay with your mother and getting yourself some sexy lingerie for Valentine’s day? Make a nice dinner, one that you know he’ll like and then surprise him by showing him he married you to begin with.
4. A big screen TV. Speaking of staying home, we know that you don’t really want your hubby to sit around watching television all day and ignoring you, but that said, here’s an alternative. You buy him the TV, but in exchange, he agrees to watch Sleepless in Seattle and Pretty Woman and any other movie you love. Heck, you could even make it a gift that gives all year. He can watch his favorite football team on Sunday afternoon, but Saturdays will be your special day to watch a movie you like. You may never have to come up to a clerk again and say, “I need a valentine’s day gift for my husband.”
3. Some sexy clothes for him. Okay, in all honesty, this is probably more a Valentine’s Day present for you than for your husband, but seriously, if you get him dressed up in something that looks good, he’ll be happy you’ll be happy and you’ll both thank me later.
2. A nice trip. If you know that his vacation is coming up soon, then you could book the two of you for a romantic getaway together. And no, it doesn’t have to be one he’ll hate or one you’ll hate. Choose a location where the two of you can get together comfortably and just enjoy yourselves. Maybe book a week around the Superbowl for next year where you can spend some quality time with him before hand and he can then get himself into the game later.
1. You. Of course the number one choice when you’re trying to think of an answer to the dilemma, I need a valentine’s day present for my husband is just to be yourself. He married you because he loves you and that’s what’s so special about Valentine’s day. More than anything else. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!