Attention: This recipe is going to knock your socks off!
Your NEW Outback Steakhouse coconut shrimp recipe is now here, and ready for you to put it to the test! Everyone who has the privilege to try these succulent morsels of sweet & crunchy delight are going to absolutely LOVE you!
My daughters and I made this, and they thought it was an absolute blast. We raved about the dipping sauce. It’s got a great bold flavor that compliments the shrimp perfectly. When you make it, you’ll know what I mean!
So let’s get right to it! Here’s the recipe…
Outback Steakhouse Coconut Shrimp – Ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs. large, raw shrimp
- .5 cup all-purpose flour
- .5 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. salt
- .5 tbsp. white pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 cups shredded coconut (short shreds)
- Oil for deep frying
- .5 cup orange marmalade
- .25 cup Grey Poupon country mustard
- .25 cup honey
- 3 to 4 drops Tabasco pepper sauce (I like to use more!)
- Mix ’em all together!
Outback Steakhouse Coconut Shrimp – Directions:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Peel, devein, and wash shrimp. Dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients, except coconut.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil and ice water. Blend well.
- Add ample amounts of oil to deep fryer or deep skillet. Heat to 350 degrees.
- Spread a thin layer of coconut on a plate.
- Dip shrimp in batter, then roll in coconut (add more coconut as necessary).
- Fry in hot oil for 4 minutes, or until light brown.
- Drain shrimp, place on baking sheet, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with that incredible dipping sauce!
And there you have it! Your very own Outback Steakhouse coconut shrimp recipe to make in your own kitchen and put some hearty smiles on some thrilled faces. Enjoy!