Federer and Sampras topped the rank of the ten finest professional tennis players of the world. They are joined with Laver, Borg, Connors, Lendl, Emerson, McEnroe, Agassi, Tilden
Here’s our list of the globe’s Top 10 Professional Players. Although Mats Wilander, Boris Becker, and Stefan Edberg are not included, these distinguished and outstanding men deserve our thumbs up too for making exceptional records in the history of tennis. They can be tied with Bill Tilden in the number 10 rank.
1. Roger Federer is the Swiss sensation who knocks every ultimate shot tremendously well. As the heir to Pete Sampras’ domain, he gained twelve grand slam awards in the last five years. He’s ranked number one for 36 months and got 9 major titles on his belt. Federer is the champion of intelligence, force, and velocity. Play whichever game panache with him and he becomes even more unconquerable. Federer will always be considered as one of the greatest players in the history of sports.
2. Pete Sampras does not compete for anything less with his fourteen grand slam trophies as well as seven Wimbledon awards. Sampras conquered the U.S. Open for a number of years, too. With a knack that’s truly extraordinary, Sampras is one of America’s best and significant playing personalities today and for the countless years to come.
3. Rodney George Laver is the Australian virtuoso who shaped history by being the only sports star who earned all four Grand Slam victories for two times in a year. As the player who’s got the least amount of technical faults, Laver took control of the tennis courts in the 1960’s. This remarkable left-handed stalwart is never eliminated in the top ten lists of the majority of tennis connoisseurs.
4. Bjorn Borg is the Swedish star who not only owns the fine-looking feature but the great will and flair that made him to be amongst the finest tennis players in the world. The “Ice Borg” had triumphed over McEnroe and Connors at Wimbledon. His five Wimbledon and six French Open trophies are remarkable although he had been denied of the Australian and US Opens.
5 Jimmy Connors captured the limelight in the 1970s and the initial part of the 1980s. He brought home eight singles grand slam awards in those years. Numerous blockbuster plays followed after Connors obtained his last major title in 1983. His uninterrupted U.S. Open quarterfinals spar with Agassi in the late 80s and his starting points to the semifinals in 1991 was one of U.S. Open’s noteworthy accounts. Connors was champion on the Opens on hard, grass and earth courts, as well.
6. Ivan Lendl was 1980s finest tennis star although he may not be the most gifted. He is simply incredible as he won 8 grand slam finals titles although Wimbledon disappointed him. For an astounding 270 successive weeks, Lendl got the number one place in the category which is a reputation at that time. This Czech athlete played with utmost professionalism, fortitude, and drive making him an unrivaled cut of the top 10.
7. Roy Emerson ruled the court in the 1960s notching up twelve Grand Slams singles, a record that was only outshined by Sampras in year 2000, more than 30 years later. He got 16 grand slams for double players, giving him 28 titles unsurpassed by any tennis player.
8. John Mc Enroe is the American athlete who accumulated seven major trophies for singles and eleven doubles during his time. Accepted for his passionate and rough personality, Mc Enroe is indeed one of the most prevailing athletes in the 1980 sports.
9. Andre Agassi started out with tennis when he was a youngster and is famous for his professional attitude. He racked up eight Grand Slam titles and is one of singles athletes to obtain four majors. He is not only great in court but also an amazing philanthropist with his millions contributed to charitable undertakings.
10. Bill Tilden departed more than 50 years back. He is second to none in the 1920s until 1930s with his 10 titles for grand slam singles and 7 in doubles. Ranking as the top 1 throughout his career, Tilden undeniably was one the most important and the best tennis player during his and our time.