Sound the alarm, because these mascaras are under $10 and they’re GREAT.
Hi hi, I’m Lauren! I recently tested drugstore eyeliners and since I found a few new faves, I decided to try drugstore mascaras as well (because extra cash means extra frickin’ pizza hollaaa).
I have very stubby, downward-facing lashes that are nearly nonexistent, so mascara is MY LIFE because otherwise I look like a prepubescent boy (JK, even they have longer lashes than me). I love my current Benefit They're Real! Mascara but it's $24 and to use it every day is just crapping money down the toilet.
SO WELCOME TO THE MASCARA AWARDS! To show you how each mascara performed, I applied two coats to only one eye without any type of primer so you can compare it to my sad, mascara-less eye.
Who will win Best Mascara? Is this already too cheesy? I don't care.
These are the ones that were up for an award:
1. Maybelline New York Full 'N Soft Mascara ($5.64)
2. Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara ($3.60)
3. CoverGirl So Lashy! blastPRO Mascara ($11.99)
4. Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara ($4.99)
5. L'Oréal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara ($7.99)
6. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara ($6.29)
7. L'Oréal Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara ($5.29)
8. e.l.f. Lengthening and Volumizing Mascara ($3)
9. Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Big Shot Mascara ($6.99)
10. Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara ($4.99)
11. L'Oréal Paris Telescopic Original Mascara ($6.59)
12. NYX The Skinny Mascara ($6.99)
13. No7 Extreme Length Mascara ($8.99)
14. NYX Cosmetics Doll Eye Waterproof Mascara ($9.03)
Alice Mongkongllite / Lauren Han / BuzzFeed
I am so surprised by this mascara. I remember using it years ago and not liking it at all. But it perfectly coated each lash while fanning them out, kept my lashes curled, and gave my sad little lashes incredible length and volume. It is clumpier than other mascaras, but hey, if clumps give me more volume, I’m totally down with it. This mascara? A+++++.
😉 Best for: adding volume
Lauren Han / BuzzFeed