Adobe Flash Player extension may crash while surfing websites in Google Chrome. This is a frustrating problem that prevents watching multimedia content online.
1. Reinstall Adobe Flash Player Extension
2. Repair Chrome Registry Entries
3. Do Not Run Google Chrome with Sandbox Feature
4. Update Graphics and Network Driver
5. Delete Cache Contents
6. Repair Problem with Bluetooth Streaming Video
Reinstall Adobe Flash Player Extension
If your Chrome Flash keeps crashing, uninstall Adobe Flash Player extension and reinstall it as instructed below:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Type the following in the Address Bar:
3. From Adobe Flash Player section, click Uninstall link.
4. Follow the on screen instructions.
5. Visit Adobe website and download Adobe Flash Player extension again.
Repair Chrome Registry Entries
Chrome saves its configurations and user preferences in the Windows Registry. Chrome Flash keeps crashing due to these obsolete registry entries. That is why, do a full registry scan through a good Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer and remove the problems that are found.
Do Not Run Google Chrome with Sandbox Feature
If Chrome Flash keeps crashing, run Chrome without Sandbox mode. The steps are as follows:
1. Click Start | All Programs | Google Chrome.
2. Right click Google Chrome shortcut and select Properties.
3. Modify the Target textbox, add the following instruction next to the existing target location:
4. Click Apply | OK.
Update Graphics and Network Drivers
Hardware acceleration may become the cause of Chrome Flash crashing if installed graphics driver is outdated. You are recommended to install latest updates for your Graphics and Network Driver. Download these updates from the respective manufacturer’s website.
Delete Cache Contents
Google Chrome stores the most frequently visited web pages in its cache. Corrupted cache files may result in Chrome Flash crashing problem. It is recommended to clear cache using the System Cleaner feature in a PC Optimizer software.
Repair Problem with Bluetooth Streaming Video
Sometimes Chrome Flash keeps crashing due to a problem with the Bluetooth streaming video. Just delete a file called BtwVdpCapFilter.dll using Command Prompt as mentioned below.
1. Click Start | All Programs | Accessories.
2. Right click Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator.
3. Type the following command:
4. Press ENTER.
5. Close Command Prompt and restart the computer.