We’ve all got that one friend who is running a fundraiser and keeps hitting up everyone for donations regardless of whether they’ve already given. It gets a little annoying to say the least, and that’s the opposite of how you should feel after donating to a good cause.
With Fundraisers, Facebook lets you send messages to those who haven’t donated, so you can gently nudge or outright harass them to help you reach your goal. What’s more, you can message people who have already donated to your fundraiser to thank them for their generosity.
It’s important to note that 95% of donations made to fundraisers will go to the charities they support. The other 5% is split between paying for fraud protection, vetting nonprofits, payment support and payment processing. That’s more or less the standard for similar fundraising services such as GoFundMe.
So if you’re less interested in getting a new smartphone this year than making sure a hungry family gets some needed food or a puppy or kitten gets a warm bed, you might want to consider setting up a fundraiser using Facebook Fundraiser or any other service this holiday season.