What is new about the MacBook Air? It is not just cosmetic improvements but newer applications. Here is a list of apps that you will LOVE to get for your MacBook Air.
With its ultra thin design and improved performance speed, the new MacBook Air from Apple has won many hearts. However, the software applications clearly make the Mac more fun to work with.
Here is a list of ten applications that you will love using on your MacBook Air:
1. Adium: This instant messaging system conveniently lets you connect to multiple IM accounts with a single login. You can chat with people using supported services, including Google Talk, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Chat, and MSN Messenger.
2. Cyberduck: This FTP software is easy to use and has accessible bookmarks that enable you to browse quickly through files and content. The best part is that it is open source and available free.
3. Ecto: A weblog client with a convenient feature that lets you compose blogs offline on your MacBook Air. You can post it to online WordPress blog sites later.
4. iBank: Managing your finances on you MacBook Air is a breeze with iBank. An added feature is that you can update your monetary transactions even without opening up the application, by adding them to the dashboard.
5. iMovies: Using the new OS X operating system, iMovies has speeded up the process of making videos on you MacBook. You can also export your videos to your mobile or websites directly.
6. iPhoto: Using iPhoto on your MacBook Air, you can upload your photo albums directly to online sites, saving you a lot of time in managing albums and tagging photos. The new version also has advanced features such as geotagging.
7. Little Snapper: This application is great for information gathering and research. You can capture snapshots of various websites for reference and add your notes and comments to them.
8. Socialite: Socialite lets you have a single login for all your social networking sites, letting you enjoy one view of all your friends in one screen on your Mac Book Air.
9. Time Machine: Backing up your files on your Mac is now easier with Time Machine. You can back up large amounts of data and storage files.
10. Viscosity: This VPN client keeps your internet activities under a cloak and away from the prying eyes of cyber criminals. You can also access sites blocked by your ISP using Viscosity.