1. Publish your app to Apple iTunes App Store
Getting your app approved and published can be difficult if you’re not familiar with XCode.
So, if you developed your app by yourself, you certainly know how to do these steps below. If you hired someone to develop your app, you can ask them to help you do the process. You’ll need to:
- have the Certificates
- define your App ID’s
- create your Distribution Provisioning Profile for code-signing your app
- open your iPhone SDK to build the application
- take that ZIP file and go to Developer’s App Upload site, remember to prepare some graphics such as an icon for your app, a sample screenshot…
- upload to iTunes Connect
2. Promote your app
After being approved, your app are ready to sell to millions of iPhone users all around the world. But it still can stay unnoticed in the store.
To make sure that the result is worthy of your efforts, you must have a plan to market your app to the audience.
There are many ways to do this properly, for example:
- promotion your app before it appear in the market
- build a website for your apps
- plan for more releases
- use the social media to market your app: some social network like Facebook or Twitter can give a lot of help
If you’re new to the marketing world, you should find some eBook to read and try to learn some marketing techniques. They’re plenty ones of them out there in the Internet.
If you just publish your app and then wait for a miracle to happen, your app may not be noticed soon, and it may not be sold well.
The final tip is to be patient. You can’t tell what is working without trying it first.