The 13008 error with iTunes is a problem that’s caused by the way in which your computer will not be able to operate the iTunes application correctly; mainly due to the fact that your system will not have the correct settings to help it run.We’ve found the biggest cause of this error is actually that the library files inside your PC will not be able to operate correctly, leading Windows to run much slower and with a lot of errors as it will prevent your system from being able to load up the important files that are required to help the program to run. In order to fix the 13008 error, you need to make sure that iTunes is working properly, as well as Windows is able to read the settings that it requires to run this application.
The message you’ll likely see with the 13008 error will be:
- The iTunes Application Could Not be Opened. Unknown Error 13008
How To Fix Error 13008
The error you have is basically going to be caused by Windows being unable to correctly process the important settings that the iTunes application requires to run (namely the files & settings that are inside your music library). In order to fix this, we’ve found the best way to resolve the error is to ensure that iTunes is working, as well as then cleaning out the registry of your PC.
Step 1 – Re-Install iTunes
- Click “Start”
- Click “Control Panel”
- Click “Add / Remove Programs”
- Locate iTunes
- Uninstall it from your PC
- Restart your system
- Re-Install the latest iTunes from Apple.com
Step 2 – Make Sure You Have The Correct Permissions
- Click onto the iTunes folder
- Right click on the folder & select “Properties”
- From the “Permissions” options, select “Allow All”
Step 3 – Repair The Registry
- Download a program called “Frontline Registry Cleaner”
- Install this program, and let it scan your PC
- If it finds over 400 errors, it’s recommended you purchase the upgrade & let it fix your PC (licenses cost $29.99)
We’ve included the use of a “registry cleaner” on your computer to fix the various issues that Windows will have with this part of your system. The registry is a huge database which all Windows computers use to store important settings & options for your system inside, and are continually being used to help make your computer as smoothly and effectively as possible. The only problem, however, is that the registry database is continually being damaged & corrupted – leading to the likes of the 13008 error to appear. To resolve this problem, we highly recommend using a dedicated registry repair tool, called “Frontline Registry Cleaner”.