Until lately, giant corporations enjoyed unwavering supremacy in the market. They had an enormous budget to sanction for marketing purposes. As a result, small businesses had little to no chance to compete with them. But the table has been turned now, all thanks to the rise of digital marketing. It would not be wrong to state that digital marketing has ensured a level playing field for all organizations, regardless of their size.
Equal marketing opportunities have also intensified the competition to a great degree. So if you are relying on outdated or cookie-cutter digital marketing strategies, they are unlikely to leverage your presence. But the good news is that you catch up with the ever-changing world of digital marketing by firmly sticking to the following tips:
Use Cloud Technology
Cloud-based technologies can help to provide a better digital experience. The integration of cloud technology will automatically empower your website and app by making it easier to store and distribute the data. Besides, cloud solutions allow you to tap into analytics possibilities, which is a key component to turn marketing strategy into a roaring success. In simple words, the data analytics will assess your current situation, identify potential risks. It can determine goals you may achieve by implementing a specific digital marketing campaign.
When you try to explore the market, you are likely to find several cloud services providers. Luckily, unlike the past, there are services like DigitalSupermarket that make you choose the best digital solutions for your business.
As a marketing professional, it is crucial to be an early adopter of new digital marketing trends. That way, you can narrow down your attention to the right areas at the right time. Besides, staying up to date with trends will also put you in a position to predict customer behavior. But keeping an eye on the trends is easier said than done. The digital landscape is always evolving, and businesses are too consumed to monitor every single development. Well, contrary to what it may sound, tracking trends is not as complicated. You can do it effectively by undertaking the following measures:
- Set up alerts in Google Trends: Google Trends enables you to see what people search on the world’s biggest search engine. Once activated, Google Trends will send you notifications to keep you posted about the trends. Do not assume you will receive notifications every second. Depending on your convenience, you can select the frequency of emails.
- Use Twitter hashtags: Twitter hashtags serve the same function as Google Trends. You can search for a specific hashtag to view all the latest information about a topic.
- Observe competitors: It is a good idea to keep an eye on your direct competitors. That way, you can learn what content or promotional strategies are working and what are simply going down the drain. So make it a point to follow your rivals on different social media platforms.
- Follow industry newsletters and blogs: Albeit underrated, this is hands down one of the best ways to find a wealth of information on new trends, best practices, and other industry news. Do you frequently visit certain websites or blogs to see their opinions about the latest developments in your field? If they offer an e-newsletter, sign up for it right away.
Interestingly, 15 percent of the daily Google searches are unique. The figure goes to show that prioritizing SEO can give you an edge over competitors. That is not to say you should stop investing in other digital marketing platforms such as social media, email marketing, paid advertising, etc. However, SEO should get the maximum attention due to the colossal number of searches Google receives daily. Another feature that gives SEO an edge is that it attracts highly convertible traffic to your website.
Can’t wait to lay down an SEO strategy? Well, consider the following attributes before fully committing yourself to create an SEO roadmap:
- Set your goals: Knowing what you are looking for will help get you there. So whether you want to amp up brand awareness or increase the number of leads, you must be clear about it right from the get-go.
- Assess your website: An SEO strategy encourages people to visit your site. Consider what your website looks like before you start arranging your trip. It is worth looking at the website from an outsider’s perspective. Consider how user-friendly it is. If it has poor navigation or below-par CTAs, make sure to have them fixed before commencing the SEO part. Many of your visitors will access your website via their mobile devices. To assess the user experience of these visitors, make sure to test your website on smartphones and tablets.
- Find websites with a similar niche: The results of SEO heavily hinge upon authoritative backlinks from the website with a similar niche. You should develop a relationship with these websites owners and convince them to link back to your website. Once you have covered this part, your website’s ranking will mark an instant uptick.
Monitoring the results of your marketing efforts allows you to gauge the performance and subsequently improve decision-making. For example, suppose you are well-versed with the mistakes of your past social media content marketing strategy. In that case, you will not repeat them in the next campaign. As a result, you will be able to get a better ROI.
Depending on the goals, companies measure different KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). But some of the most popular KPIs include website conversion rate, customer acquisition rate, total visits, web traffic sources, click-through rate, and response rate.
Invest In Content Marketing
Content marketing is key to acquiring organic traffic quickly and at a low cost. To give you more information with numbers, 69 percent of B2B marketers use content strategy as their primary weapon. Be sure to come up with content that does not only revolve around your products and services. As a business, you must convey through your content that you are more than an income-generating machine.
Do you get the feeling that your company is lagging when it comes to making the most of digital marketing? Well, after going through this write-up, you must have surely mustered up some courage to turn things around. Take our word for it; walk the tight line of the above tips, and overtaking your competitors will be just a matter of time.