To make your web site more interesting then t he longer you can keep visitors at your home based business website, the faster you can develop a relationship with them. Once your website has captivated their interest, there's every chance they may go on to buy your product or service.
Understand your Traffic
Understanding what your visitors want is critical to the success of your home based business website. The best way to accomplish this is with a good Traffic analysis program like Google analytics, Statcounter etc. What information you need to understand is,
- What search terms do the visitors use the most to find your site? What might the people searching for these terms want? Do they get it here?
- What are the least popular search terms used to find your site? Does your site rank high for any of these terms? Why are these terms still unpopular then?
- What path do you follow on your site? Can you guess where they want to go? Are they getting there with relative ease?
Have you ever noticed that there are some web sites that you intend to browse for just a few minutes, but you end up staying for almost an hour. This is no accident – such web sites are carefully designed to make lingering easy.
That's because web site owners know that the longer a customer visits their web sites, the more likely they are to purchase a product or at least remember their home based business website. When it comes to your own web site, you want to urge visitors to visit frequently and you want your visitors to stay longer.
How to make your website more interesting
By implementing the following few tips, you will notice a huge decrease in you bounce rate (when customers leave straight away)
- Provide good content – The most compelling reason for visitors to spend more time at your website is the magnetism of its content. Therefore, present them with capturing content that they can not find elsewhere and they'll have a reason to stay on your site a little longer.
- People will stay longer at your web site to read the original good content. Update content periodically – Viewing the same old content can be a turn off for repeat visitors. Therefore, try and offer something new when they do, eg new, product information, graphics, offers, company news, links, etc.
- Build trust in your visitors – Present your home based business website's credentials early on. Once visitors are convinced that your business sounds legitimate, it will not only make your offer seem honest but will also give them a reason to stay longer at your site and learn more about you.
- Offer your web site visitors a freebie if they take the time to fill a online survey. They'll be at the site longer and might buy something afterwards.
- People use the internet to look for information. Provide a huge online directory of information that your visitors could search. The directory must contain information your visitors would want.
- Make sure all your web pages load fast or your visitors will leave fast. Time is precious; they will not waste it waiting for your site to load. So get rid of any distracting flash banners or any graphics that take ages to open.
- Publish your web site professionally. People will get turned off and leave if they see a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Use headlines and sub headlines all over your web site that will grab visitors attention. Make sure that there is loads of white space around banners and paragraphs. It will attract them to explore your web site longer.
By learning how to make your website more interesting, you will ensure that your website visitors will stay longer, which will increase the chances that they will buy a product or service from your home based business website.