Web development is the term generally used for the development work done for building a website. Websites now-a-days are highly responsible for providing complete information about the thing they are related to, and for promoting and advertising them. Websites can either simply be a bunch of static pages or can be highly complicated by carrying huge amount of dynamic data. The success of a Website is measured by the traffic it creates or in simple word the amount of crowd it attracts.
#THINGS TO REMEMBER WHILE BUILDING A WEBSITE.
Not only the content, but the overall view of a website, the choice and the combination of colors, fonts, the seem less coding for its functionalities, the amount of ease it delivers to the user, are the things together that increases its traffic and popularity. Among some web professionals, the term web development is related to the non-design aspect of website building that are writing the markups and coding. Web development is the basically development of the website in accordance with its user interface and functionalities.
Companies have different web development departments that design and develop their websites. The dept. generally is consist of a team graphics designers, web developer, content writers, web testers and employees related to their marketing department to guide the designers and developers to develop a trending and approaching a website that can beat others and create a buzz in the market. On the other hand, some companies just hire some Web Developing agencies, the agencies that only work on web development platform. The client requirement is the most important factor in developing a website. For agencies the clients are the companies or the individuals who pay them to build their website. The functionalities, working and the outlook of a website should be something that reflects the individual or the company’s name, position and work for whom it is built for.
STEPS FOR WEB DEVELOPMENT
To build an impressive and effective website, planning is must. It specifies the structure in which the development is to be done. Web development includes the following steps:
1. GATHERING INFORMATION: The first step is to gather all the information related to the individual or the company for whom the website is made for, the targeted audience, the main goal or purpose of making the website. It makes it easy to work further in the development as it clears all the doubts regarding the design and content of the website.
2. PLANNING: Planning is related to sitemap and wireframe creations, it basically defines the inner structure of the website. The sitemap is created by the information gathered in the previous step.
3. DESIGN: Now finally it comes, the work of a graphic designer. Graphic designer designs the web page layout, defining the way how the website looks. The design is one of the most important parts of web development as it decides how the audience is going to interact with the website.
4. CONTENT WRITING: Writing potent content to introduce the company to the audience is an important step in web development. Content writers are generally responsible for writing content.
5. CODING: And here is the most important part, to code the website and its functionalities so that it can easily get optimized, runs smoothly, and can fully satisfy the demand of the client at the same time grabs the attention of the audience.
6. TESTING, REVIEWS: In this step, all the links, forums, scripts are checked to make sure that they are running fine. After testing only the site is uploaded to the server.
7. MAINTENANCE: Maintenance basically refers to the website up gradations. The website should mold itself to the upcoming trends and changes. It should includes new features with time and listen to the audience feedback for doing so.